- Absolutely no alcohol or caffeine 24 hours before appointment
- No blood thinners such as ibuprofen, aspirin, Alieve, Niacin, Vitamin E or fish oils unless medically necessary 72 hours before
- No working out the day of your appointment
- No intentional tanning 2 weeks prior. If you arrive with a sunburn, you will be asked to reschedule and forfeit your deposit.
- Botox and fillers must be worn off if possible
- Any facials, chemical peels or microdermabrasion must be done 4 weeks prior
- No waxing or tinting 2 weeks prior
- Avoid booking during your menstrual cycle as it can increase your pain
- The skin must be free of all irritations including ingrown hairs, blemishes, eczema and psoriasis
- No anti-acne or anti-aging products on the skin for 30 days prior to appointment
- No Accutane within one year of treatment.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Please wear your makeup as usual so we can get an idea of where your comfort zone is with color and shape.
- Please be well hydrated and eat a light meal
- Please bring your ID with you
A large portion of how your brows heal depends on the aftercare you give them.
The day after your appointment your brows will appear significantly larger and darker than the final outcome. The superficial color will flake off and your pigment will look 30-40% lighter. Strokes will heal into a soft look. It will take time for this transition based on how quickly the outer layer of your skin heals.
All PMU is a multi-step process. You will book a follow up appointment 6-8 weeks after your initial treatment.
- Keep your eyebrows dry
- Use a washcloth to wash around your brows to clean your face
- Put a new pillowcase on your pillow
- Sleep on your back
- Drink plenty of water
- Wear a sunhat out in the sun
- Always wear sunblock on your brows
- Pick or scratch at your brows will healing
- Do not get your brows wet in the shower
- No working out or engaging in activities that result in sweating
- No makeup on brows until peeling is finished
- No steamy showers, tanning bed, or swimming until healed
- Avoid Retinol, glycoloic acid, and anti-aging and anti-acne ingredients for the life of your tattoo